Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fall Family Portraits - Special

Yesterday evening I sent out an email to my clients letting them know about a Fall Portrait Special I am offering in October.  Actually, after years of procrastinating about putting some type of newsletter together, it was my first "mailing".  I am one of those people who don't like too much email where I am one of many in the To: box.  That is always in the back of my mind so my thought was to put something together only when necessary so that I don't bother people with things they didn't ask for.   I decided that this year I wanted to be more organized about capturing family portraits in the park with the beautiful fall colours as the backdrop and to do that, I had to get on top of things now.  I put together a simple sheet to show what colours I have captured on various dates and jumped right over my procrastination block (okay, after week of thinking about it), and hit send.  Well, I was a bit surprized at how quickly people started emailing me with date requests.  This is exciting and now I just pray for nice weather which is the only real down side to planning portraits outside.

October is already a busy month for Birthday's in our family, plus this year I have the honour of photographing the students of Milton Community Nursery School.  My kids both went there and it was such a wonderful place with the best teachers around that I just didn't want to let go of my connection there.  I was so excited when I was chosen to photograph the students this year.  If you have been looking for a Nursery School or will be, you must check them out at www.miltoncommunitynurseryschool.ca.  So I need to be very organized about how I schedule sessions this fall but this is something I really wanted to do and I am pleased that I just did it.

If you are interested in a Fall Portrait for a beautiful piece of art for your home that is of the people you love, contact me to grab a time on one of the 3 dates I have available. 

Park sessions will be offered on Saturday October 9th, Saturday October 16th and Sunday October 24th.  There are 6 sessions each day.  A small deposit of $25 is requested to hold your date and time.  This amount will be applied to the session fee of $149 and you will also receive a $25 print credit to use when you place your print order after the session images have been presented to you.

Well, I plan on enjoying what is left of the summer break and then my life will be come more organized once the kids are in school.  I may have one more trip to Wonderland left in me!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment